According the data report of professional research organization, by the end of August 2012, Windows 7 is being used by nearly 43 percent of the market. At the same time, Windows XP is still holding 42.5 percent of the market. So, Windows 7 is now the most popular desktop operating system in the world, more and more users start to install Windows 7 in their home computer.
A lot of users of Windows 7 often encounter the same problem, it is how to run Windows 7 timer shutdown? In fact, if you are using Windows 7, follow steps listed below, you can run Windows 7 timer shutdown.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools and click on the Task Scheduler.
2. From the Action menu in Task Scheduler, click "Create Basic Task..."
3. In the "Create Basic Task Wizard" windows that pops up, Type in a title and a description. Something basic like "PC Shutdown."
4. Click "Next."
5. On the "Task Trigger" screen, choose the frequency with which you want the Shutdown PC to run. For nightly shutdown, click on "daily" and click the Next" button.
6.On the "Daily" screen, enter the date and time you want your PC to shutdown. Click "Next."
7. On the "Action" screen, choose "Start a program" and click "Next."
8. On the "Start a Program" screen, type C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe in the "Program/script" text field.
9. In the Add arguments text field type /s.
10. Click "Next."
11. Confirm your settings on the Summary screen and click "Finish."
Now your Windows 7 computer will timer shutdown on your specified time, all these things are natively implemented by Windows 7, but this way is very simple. If you want to run more complicated timer shutdown plan, you need a auto shutdown software. After overall testing, I have picked an excellent auto shutdown software
, it just is Awshow Auto Shutdown Software. Below, I will list some features of Awshow Auto Shutdown Software
1.Stealth Mode To Run
Awshow Auto Shutdown Software can run in stealth mode, so it is invisible for the user of your computer.
2.Using password to protect schedule configuration
You can set a master password for the software, it can avoid others changing your schedule configuration. If you are a parent and want to limit your kid's computer time, it is wonderful feature for you.
3.Mutiple ways to control your computer
You can set a shutdown plan for your computer by the software. After you start the software on your computer, you computer will automatically shutdown, power off, reboot or log off as your shutdown plan.
Ok, these features just are parts of features of Awshow Auto Shutdown Software, you can freely download the software from here
, or click following button to download it.