Do your kids waste a lot of time on the computer? Maybe, they waste hours on Internet or play computer games all day. If you are looking for a computer timer for kids, you must be troubled by the problem for a long time. Here, I will talk about two ways to help you to limit your kid's computer time, these ways include: using Windows Task Scheduler to limit computer time and using an excellent computer timer for kids to limit their computer time, please keep your patience to pick a better way.
1. Create a scheduled task to shut down the computer automatically.
1) Open 'Scheduled Task' by click 'Start > Program > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks'.
2) In the left pane of Task Scheduler, click on Task Scheduler Library, then in the "Actions" menu in the right pane click on Create Task.
3) In the Create Task window under the General tab, set a name and description for the task then dot "Run whether user is logged on or not".
4) click "New" tag at the Actions, in the "New Action" dialog box leave "Action" set at "Start a program" at "Program/script:" type shutdown.exe then at "Add arguments" type /s /f (take note of the space between the /s and /f) then click OK.
5) click Triggers tab at the lower left and then click "New" in the "New Trigger" dialog box set the parameters that you want for the task, as everyone's needs will be different, I just highlighted a few of the ones that need to be set to give some ideas.
6) After you have the Triggers set click "OK", you will then be prompted to enter your user credentials one last time and then click "OK" to finish creating the task. That's it the task has been created, at "File" click "Exit" to close the Task Scheduler.
As above mentioned, this is a complex way, and this way is not flawless, in fact, your kids can bypass it by adjusting the computer time or they can bypass it by deleting your scheduled task. However, how to prevent the computer user from adjusting the computer time and how to prevent the computer user from deleting your shutdown task? You can read the following part to get the answer.
2. Use a computer timer for kids to shut down the computer automatically.
In this way, you need an excellent computer timer, Awshow Auto Shutdown software
is just an excellent computer timer
, we recommend it to you. Below, we will list some wonderful feature of this computer timer.
1) This is a computer timer with password protection. When you first install it into your computer, it will ask you to set a master password for it, and then, the computer timer will ask any user of your computer to input the correct password when he or she want to end the shutdown task or change your shutdown task.
2) You can block a computer user to modify the computer time of your computer by the computer timer, for this, what you need to do is only ticking a check box in its setting dialog.
3) You can set a complex shutdown plan for every day in a week with the computer timer.
As above mentioned, Awshow Auto Shutdown software is an excellent computer timer for kids
, you can click the following button to download it.